How To Get A Good Oral Health ?
Ans: Most of us think that taking a branded tooth paste on toothbrush and rubbing vigorously over teeth for two minutes is sufficient for having good oral health. But unfortunately this is not true. That’s the reason behind poor oral hygiene and dental cavities cases are increasing day by day.
one thing everyone should understand that there is a difference in cleaning toilet and teeth. Teeth are more precious then any other ornaments on your body . you just cant rub it and clean it. Proper brushing technique should be followed. There are many technique but I personally prefer Modified Bass Method .
What Is Modified Bass Technique ?
Modified Bass Technique:
- Hold the toothbrush sideways against your teeth with some of the bristles touching your gums.
- Tilt the brush so the bristles are at 45 degree angle and pointing at your gum line.
- Move the brush back and forth, using short strokes.
- The tips of the bristles should stay in one place, but the head of the brush should wiggle back and forth.
- You also can make tiny circles with the brush. This allows the bristles to slide gently under the gum.
- After the vibratory motion has been completed in each area, sweep the bristles over the crown of the tooth, toward biting surface of the tooth
- Do this for about 20 strokes or 20 circles. Repeat for every tooth, on the insides and outsides.
Importance of these methods:
- Most effective in cleaning cervical 1/3 & beneath gingival margins
- Suitable for everyone -Periodontally healthy & periodontally disease
- Periodontal maintenance
- Cleanses sulcus (space between tooth and gums).
How Long We Should Brush and How Many Times A day ?
Ans: Generally we think that only brushing in the morning and evening is sufficient for our teeth and oral cavity to be healthy. It will make our teeth last long or they are not going to have any problem. But in reality we forget the time at which brushing should be done and why ? The answer is we Brush our teeth to clean our oral cavity and tooth to be free from left over food and not let them decay in mouth. Doing brush in the morning and taking breakfast immediately serves no good because you are cleaning your teeth and soon you are flushing your mouth will food remnants and same for evening. The main purpose of brushing is to keep your oral cavity and teeth free from food remnants as long as possible. So i advice two time brushing : in morning After Breakfast : in evening After dinner.In the morning you should try to avoid in between snakes till lunch. if you do so your mouth is free from food from breakfast to luch free from food remnants and in the evening from dinner till morning. But if you wish to brush before breakfast that shoul be third brushing dont replace it with brushing after breakfast.