Daily teeth cleaning and hygiene is the process of removing as much plaque and tartar buildup as possible from the enamel of a tooth.
How to Clean Your Teeth
Daily teeth cleaning and hygiene is the process of removing as much plaque and tartar buildup as possible from the enamel of a tooth. Proper teeth cleaning and dental hygiene have a host of benefits if done regularly, and can prevent gum disease, tooth decay, swollen and bleeding gums, receding gum line, and bad breath. There are simple procedures for teeth cleaning with clear benefits to oral health if followed every day. Begin with a trip to Absolute Dental for a checkup and x-ray, and make sure that if there are any tooth issues they are corrected immediately. After the dentist cleans the teeth, make sure you keep them in good shape by brushing and cleansing them a minimum of three times per day.
Use The Following Teeth Cleaning Habits:
- Use a mouth pre-rinse before teeth cleaning, as recommended by your dentist. It is well known that pre-rinses containing calcium may help fluoride remain on teeth longer, which benefits all oral health.
- Brush teeth, gums, and tongue with a recommended fluoride toothpaste, all the while making very sure that you brush gently in the areas where the teeth and gums meet. Do not brush hard enough to make your gums bleed, as it is a common misconception that you need to brush very hard to clean teeth. Brushing hard can do more harm than good, and it is best approached as frequent, gentle brushing.
- Flossing is essential to keeping good oral health, and although many people avoid flossing because they believe that brushing will do enough, they are generally missing the areas in between teeth that a toothbrush cannot physically touch. It is important to remember to floss every time you brush.
- Make sure to have teeth cleaned by a dentist or dental hygienist at least twice per year. This is very important because so matter how good a job you do with your regular brushing and flossing, tarter will build up under your gum lines, removable only by a dentist or dental hygienist. You can sit back and relax as they do their work to restore the deep areas of teeth to their best state. During the final step, we will polish the enamel of each tooth with a soft brush to remove staining and give the teeth a fresh, glossy shine.
- Take the time everyday to care for your mouth with good dental hygieneand let us take care of the rest. You can make sure that bad breath, bleeding gums and pain when eating and drinking are not a concern anymore, all the while improving the smile that people see every day. Call our office now to Make A Dentist Appointment for a teeth cleaning. We are available at your convenience and look forward to servicing you.